Thursday, February 08, 2007

ad vitam aeternam

On a winter evening dreary as I lay down weak and weary,
And I closed my eyes, discouraged and depressed
My Savior came a-walking and we spent the time in talking,
and his Spirit ever-gracious gave me rest.
Oft times I sit and wonder as thru life’s dim maze I blunder
how the God of Heaven views a wretch like me
And the answer burns like fire thru the soul’s distressing mire:
“Oh my child, I have died to set you free.
And although you often stumble, I but work to make you humble,
for humility in you is what I ask.
When the trials seem unpleasant, look to the future, not the present,
and remember there is joy in every task.”
And at his words I cease my grieving; not fully seeing, but believing
that my God and Savior holds me in his hand
And someday soon I’ll cross the river where my Lord will then deliver
my eternal soul into the promised land.

3 Comments:

Blogger Frank Di Gerl said...

A-men! What an encouragement!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Jack, thank you.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Thanks Jack:)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home