Monday, June 05, 2006

A Letter of Importance

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a parasite within me. Much of my recent unhappiness is a result of this being’s activity. It had been lying dormant for some time before slowly awakening over the past months. Although I have been able to combat it every so often, it seems bound and determined to inflict its own will upon me. I’m sure that the idea of a parasite controlling its host sounds like a sci-fi plot, but this is reality.

This infestation is entirely foreign and impossible for me to comprehend. It appears bent on my total destruction, although I do not see how it could survive without me. The actions of this parasite are illogical in the extreme and follow no pattern that I can understand. My every attempt to thrive is challenged by this organism, and although I can occasionally overcome it, my every waking moment is a torment. It calls itself Spirit. Just thought you should know.

Sincerely,

Jack’s Flesh

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Good thoughts.
Champ

11:43 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

This is the first time that I have visited your blog, and Jack, I was challenged and sobered and caused to reflect upon Christ. I thank the Lord for giving you these thoughts and enabling you to share them. Please continue to post as He gives you thoughts and insight.
Walk worthy.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home