Thursday, October 05, 2006

nosce te Deo

I want to know a million things
That all have gone before,
The secrets of the universe,
And what the stars are for,
The mysteries of sun and moon,
And earth and sky and sea,
And how the God of heaven thinks,
And what he thinks of me.

I want to know a thousand things
Pertaining to the earth,
About the seasons, days, and years,
And what my life is worth,
About the rocks, about the trees,
About the streams and ponds,
And why the spirit part of me
Is held in mortal bonds.

I want to know a hundred things
About the people here,
Of what they dream, for what they live,
And what it is they fear,
And what they want, and why they die,
And why they do and dare,
And if in life I make a difference
Whether they will care.

I want to know a billion things
That happen after death,
What I will see, what I will feel,
After my final breath.
I want to know what we will think,
And whether angels fly,
And if I’ll still have work and play
To do after I die.

"...now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

1Cor13.12

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

haha... hey you, again. =)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Frank Di Gerl said...

I like it! Very good.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home